Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shouldn't every dog have a blog?

I think every dog should have a blog.   And, that we humans should help make that happen.  Capturing the moments of pure hilarity, joy, peace, love, and devotion that occur daily in the lives of our dogs should be the responsibility for anyone with thumbs.  I am just sayin'....

Tomorrow will mark the the 5 year anniversary of the death of my wife's beloved black lab Coley O'Brien.  Coley was a hell of a dog.  We called him our very own Barry White.  Regal, handsome, stoic, and a presence that was all his own.  We had a complicated relationship, Coley and I.  Complicated on my side, not on his.  He loved me unconditionally, and I loved him when it was convenient and easy.  One of the greatest regrets in my life...

Coley was my first teacher of love.  The real love, the one that is simple, pure and true....  He opened the door and started something that has just snowballed over time.  My pure adoration and devotion to hounds....and the simple lessons they teach daily.

This blog celebrates the daily adventures and and lessons taught by my beloved black lab Atticus Finch.  Atticus is 9 years old and is a very large boy.  I know he will not be here forever, so this blog is a way for me to capture those perfectly simple moments.  I want to remember everything....every silly, perfect moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment